Monday 8 October 2012

LifeFlow Day Two



Day 2.

I am not affiliated with the LifeFlow meditation program whatsoever. I have done some internet research, and found a great number of positive reviews, and thought I'd give it a shot. I have always been interested in meditation, but just needed some direction. So far, this has been helpful.

It amazes me how things can change so greatly in such a short period of time. Yesterday morning was quite pleasant, for instance. It seems like so much time has passed since then. Today on the other hand was terrible; I woke up with a severe head-cold, finding it difficult to breathe and to talk, which contributed further to daily issues such as contributing in class, getting out of bed to make it to class on time… 

Today my experience with LifeFlow was also a good one. I felt a calm sense of clarity immediately afterwards. After going to my two classes this morning (you can guess how those went) I went back home to find out that my roommate was just headed out the door to go in to town. I was immediately thankful to have been given a small amount of time to meditate alone in the room we share. I propped up my head with pillows, and lied beneath one blanket on my bed. I started the 40 minute track, and found myself instinctually opening my eyes to check if my roommate was walking back in the door. I really need to work on this issue. Anyways, I tried a new tactic today. I concentrated on full body relaxation, instead of just a quiet mind. I first started with my feet. Focused on my breathing, I consciously relaxed all of my muscles one by one, all the way up to my face.

So far my two choices of location have had their ups and downs, but I don’t think that either of them will work permanently. The Roman Gardens is a good spot because of the fresh air, and—as long as I go early enough in the morning—the unlikeliness of being disturbed by people. Also, it’s easy to find something to concentrate on visually, if I am having trouble stopping my thought-flow. On the contrary, the Gardens can be quite distracting in the late morning. It’s also an inconvenient walk from where I live, and for the biggest issue, the weather. I refuse to meditate outside in the rain or snow or freezing cold no matter how long. My room is a good spot because of course its convenience, and its comfort. It's not a good place however, simply because I share with someone else. Meditation is a private thing, but also, I wouldn't consider it "zen" to meditate in a room that could quite possibly be cluttered with someone else's things.

Tomorrow I will be using my room because I have no classes and my roommate will be out by 9am. 

Peace&Love, 
Blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment